This best broccoli cheddar soup recipe is so satisfying and Delicious! It’s loaded with the best broccoli and creamy because of potato-cheddar cheese (no cream, no flour!).
Best broccoli cheddar soup recipe
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed and peeled
- ½ tsp crimson pepper flakes (scale back or omit if they're delicate to spices)
- 1½ tsp sea salt, divided to style
- Freshly floor black pepper to style
- 2 pounds broccoli with stems (three massive or 4th Medium)
- 1 Potato (approx 12 ounces) peeled and lower into 1 to 2 inch items
- 6 cups water
- 4-8 Ounces of grated cheddar cheese (Optional)
- Thinly chopped chives or spring onions for garnish
- Soften the butter in a big Dutch oven or stockpot over medium warmth. Add the onion, garlic, pepper flakes, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and about 10 turns of black pepper.
- Stir to combine, then cowl the saucepan and cook dinner, stirring often, till the onions have softened and are simply starting to show golden, about Eight to 10 minutes.
- Within the meantime, lower off the tough backside ends of the broccoli stems and throw them away. Use a vegetable peeler to peel off the laborious outer pores and skin of the stems and throw these componentsaway. Minimize off the stems and lower them into items about 1 to 2 inches in dimension. Put apart.
- In case you are now working with the broccoli ideas, lower as near the bottom of the florets as attainable. Minimize any remaining stems into items to match the remaining. Reserve the broccoli florets - we'lluse them shortly.
- Put the broccoli stalks and potato items within the pot and stir. Pour in 6 cups of water and the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Increase the warmth to excessive and produce the combination to a boil, then scaleback the warmth to medium-low and canopy the pot.
- Simmer till the broccoli stalks and potatoes are tender all through and will be simply separated with a fork when piercing (approx. 20-25 minutes). In the meantime, lower the reserved florets into small items.
- As soon as the potato and stems are tender, add half Put the florets in a saucepan, stir, cowl and cook dinner till mild inexperienced, about three to five minutes. Take away the pot from the oven. Rigorously switch a number of cups of the combination - each the liquid and the solids - into your mixer by working in a number of batches (by no means fill your mixer past the utmost fill line as it could explode!). Combine till the whole lot is clean and quickly put the combination in a heat-resistant container whereas mixing the remaining. Alternatively, you should utilize a hand blender (however this isn't the case how juicy creamy). Put the puree again within the pot.
- Put the pot again on medium warmth and add the remaining florets. Cowl the pot and cook dinner till mild inexperienced and simple to pierce with a fork. One other Four to 7 minutes. Add nearly all Four ouncesof the grated cheddar cheese (reserve a small handful for garnish) and stir till clean. Style fastidiously (it is scorching) and stir in additional cheese if you need extra enjoyment / creamy texture, extra salt for extrataste, and / or extra black pepper for kick.
- Divide the soup into bowls and sprinkle with a little bit cheese and a little bit chopped chives and / or paprika flakes, if desired. The remaining soup stays within the fridge for as much as Four days (thoughthe colour will get a little bit darker over time). I have not tried to freeze this soup, however I think it really works nicely. Please tell us within the feedback.