This satisfying low-calorie breakfast porridge blends quinoa, porridge oats, cardamom pod, almond milk, peaches and maple syrup. Almond milk makes it suitable for dairy-free and vegan diets.
- 75g quinoa
- 25g porridge oats
- 4 cardamom pods
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 ripe peaches, cut into slices
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Put the quinoa, oats, and cardamom pods in a small saucepan with 250ml water and 100ml of the almond milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the remaining almond milk and cook for 5 mins more until creamy.
- Remove the cardamom pods, spoon into bowls or jars, and top with the peaches and maple syrup.
First posted on bbcgoodfood.com