Crispy roasted chickpeas with Herbes de Provence
This recipe from the The Zero waste boss The cookbook calls for herbs from Provence – a mixture of dried thyme, rosemary, basil, savory, fennel, and other herbs like lavender. Look for good, high quality Provence herbs in the spice aisle of your local market.
What you need:
3 cups of chickpeas
2 tablespoons of olive oil and more for greasing
1 tablespoon herbs of Provence
½ teaspoon of salt
What you are doing:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Rub very dry with a clean kitchen towel. Remove any peeling skins.
- Spread the chickpeas in a layer on the baking sheet, put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, Provence herbs and salt.
- Take the chickpeas out of the oven, carefully add them to the bowl with oil and spices, and toss to coat them evenly.
- Return the chickpeas to the baking sheet and fry 10 to 15 minutes longer until they are crispy and golden brown. Enjoy warm.