Healthy vegan chocolate brownie donuts
These simple blender donuts from the Cook. Heal. Become a vegan! Cookbooks are fudgy and delicious just as they are, but can be enhanced with more melted chocolate or a sweet icing.
What you need:
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
2 tbsp ground chia seeds
¼ cup of water
1 cup of oatmeal
1 cup of grated zucchini
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup of almond butter
2 medium-ripe bananas, peeled
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of dark chocolate chips, divided
What you are doing:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two silicone or metal donut molds with oil.
- Mix the chia seeds and water in a small bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the oatmeal in a high-performance blender and blend for 20 seconds or until powder. Add the chia mixture, zucchini, sugar, almond butter, bananas, baking powder, cocoa, salt, vanilla, and ½ cup chocolate chips. Mix the ingredients for about 1 minute or until a smooth batter is formed.
- Spread the batter evenly on the donut molds. Cover with the remaining chocolate pieces.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Take out of the oven and immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool down.