Strawberry and oat muffins
You’ll take these Strawberry and oat muffins over strawberry cake day-after-day! They’re fluffy and stuffed with contemporary strawberry flavors, with a deliciously candy crunch over them.
These muffins will not be like the common muffin as a result of they’re constructed from 100 p.c entire grains, together with entire wheat flour and old school oats. They’re additionally sweetened with maple syrup, which provides an additional style that goes with strawberries and oats.
Greek yogurt rounds it off with a barely bitter, creamy style. What extra would you like from a muffin ?!
Learn the way to make strawberry muffins:
Sprinkle just a few tablespoons of oats over the muffins earlier than baking if you wish to add a dotted visible curiosity (no sprinkles required).
The oats give the muffins a heartier texture whereas contributing to the entire quantity of entire grains contained on this recipe. Most Individuals don’t devour entire grains, so remember the versatile oats!
Do you know that old school oats, fast-cooking oats, instantaneous oats and oatmeal provide the identical dietary values? All of them begin off as the identical oatmeal and are solely lower and rolled into smaller and thinner items as you stroll alongside the lineup.
Strawberry Muffin Ideas
- In the event you’re fortunate and your strawberries are pink and fragrant within the center, you do not have to peel them. If the within is white and tasteless, take away this half with a paring knife earlier than dicing.
- Use Greek yogurt, not common yogurt – it creates a better rise and a domed prime. Any fats share will work.
- Sprinkle uncooked sugar in your muffins for a candy crunch. Simply mild sprinkling actually makes a distinction, however you’ll be able to skip the uncooked sugar if you do not have it.
As all the time, please let me know within the feedback how you want this recipe! I hope they turn into your favourite summer season muffins.
Strawberry and oat muffins
These wholesome strawberry muffins are fluffy and stuffed with contemporary strawberry flavors! They’re additionally made with entire grains. Recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 1 ¾ cups white wholemeal flour or regular wholemeal flour
- ⅓ cup old school oats plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon effective sea salt
- ⅓ cup Additional virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup Maple syrup
- 2nd Eggs, ideally at room temperature
- 1 cup regular Greek yogurt *
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled and diced ripe strawberries (it’s possible you’ll not want all of a pound of strawberries)
- 1 teaspoon Turbinado sugar (additionally known as uncooked sugar) for sprinkling (elective)
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels Fahrenheit. If obligatory, grease all 12 cups of your muffin tin with butter or cooking spray (my pan is non-stick coated and doesn’t want fats).
- Combine the flour, ⅓ cup of oats, baking powder, baking powder and salt in a big mixing bowl. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Combine the oil, maple syrup and eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk with a whisk. Add yogurt and vanilla and blend properly.
- Pour the damp components into the dry ones and blend with a big spoon till they mix (just a few lumps are effective). Fastidiously fold the strawberries beneath the dough. The combination might be thick, however don’t be concerned.
- Unfold the dough evenly over the 12 muffin bowls (I used an ice cream scoop with a wire that labored completely). You’ll be fairly full!
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of oats on the muffins, adopted by the turbinado sugar. Bake the muffins for 19 to 22 minutes or till the muffins are golden on prime and a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clear.
- Place the muffin pan on a cooling shelf to chill down. It’s possible you’ll must run a butter knife alongside the skin fringe of the muffins to take away them from the pan.