Summer vegan lemon pudding | VegNews
Fresh lemon juice is key to achieving the lightest taste in this recipe from The well-fed yogi. Top with a swirl of coconut cream for added decadence.
What you need:
¼ cup lemon juice
1 cup of vegan milk
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
¼ cup of fresh berries for garnish
2 mint leaves for garnish
What you are doing:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add lemon juice, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Heat, stir well until mixture comes to a boil, then bring the heat to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch and ¼ cup of heated lemon mixture. Mix well until it has the consistency of a very smooth paste.
- Pour the lemon mixture back into a pan and stir continuously over medium heat until thickened. If the mixture becomes lumpy, strain it through a sieve.
- Pour into two separate bowls, place directly over the pudding with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming, and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with a side dish of mint and berries.
Photo credit: Mary Callan