If you like exploring different vegetarian and vegan Thai food recipes at home, you’ll definitely want to give this simple and easy Thai Yellow Curry with Veggies, Cashews, and Tofu a try.
Just flavor it with species, add some veg, and you’ve got a satisfying weeknight curry in minutes.
COURSE: Main Course
Thai Yellow Curry with Veggies, Cashews, and Tofu
- 2-3 cups light coconut milk (about 20 oz)
- 3-4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt or ( more to taste)
- 1 large red onion(chopped)
- 3-5 medium garlic cloves (chopped and adjust the amount of garlic based on how spicy you like it)
- 8 ounces firm tofu(cut into small cubes)
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 pound asparagus(chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper(thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews toasted
- a handful of cilantro-loosely chopped (optional – you can decide to omitted this)
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper if you like things spicy
- Ground cumin-cardamom and pepper (to taste – use about 1 tsp cumin, a sprinkling of cardamom, and a pinch of pepper)
- Brown rice for serving– 1 cup cooked, 1/4 cup per serving
- Cut all your veggies. Saute the onion and 2 cloves chopped garlic in 1/2 tsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp curry powder and salt and stir until combined.
- Add the coconut milk to the onion mixture, bring to simmer and work out any clumps. Stir in the tofu and cook for a few minutes until the tofu has absorbed most of the flavors. Simmer the liquid on low heat until it has cooked down slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, saute the broccoli, asparagus, and pepper (or whatever veggies you use) with 2 cloves chopped garlic over medium heat. Add salt, cayenne, and remaining curry powder/cumin and other spices to taste. Cook until veggies are crisp.
- Pour tofu/coconut milk mixture over veggies (in the pan) and stir to combine.
- Add additional spices as needed. Cook through for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cashews. Serve with brown rice.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.7g | Protein: 18.6g | Fat: 18.7g | Sodium: 410.6mg | Fiber: 12.7g | Sugar: 5.8g