Vegan baked French toast sticks
Satisfy all of those carbonated food cravings with these easy toasted French toast sticks Epic Vegan Quick and Easy Cookbook. Serve with warm berries, chocolate chips and vegan whipped cream.
What you need:
¼ cup flax flour
½ cup of water
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons of sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
Maple syrup for serving
What you are doing:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the flax flour and water in a large bowl. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch thick and 4-inch long pieces for a total of 12 sticks.
- Add applesauce, cinnamon, sugar, salt and vanilla to the flax mixture. Mix until everything is mixed well.
- Spray the sheet pan generously with cooking spray. Dip the breadsticks in the flax mixture and quickly coat them on all sides without dipping them. Transfer to a prepared sheet pan and continue to dip the bread sticks until they are all coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Gently slide a spatula all the way under each stick and flip it over. Bake for another 15 minutes until they are dark brown and crispy. Serve warm with maple syrup.
Photo credit: Dustin Harder